Go Back   harlequinrip.com Community > Harlequin RIP Products

Old 26 April 2016, 13:37

Default Looking for a page feature to correct skew

I'm using ECRM Ripmate RIP to output to a ECRM DPX2. The only way to correct skew on output from the DPX2 is using different tension springs on the ends of the rollers to drive the plate material more or less on one side or the other. That doesn't always work. Is it possible to use a Page feature with the RIP to skew the page to compensate for the output device? I have worked with page features on the RIP, but I don't have the knowledge of postscript to write something or even know if it is possible. Thanks for any help you can give. Thanks.
Old 26 April 2016, 16:18

Default Page feature for correcting skew

Hi Ken,

I've never seen skew corrected via a page feature. I believe it would take quite the PostScript expert to do anything like this and, of course, the feature would require adjustment as the skew changed. I suspect the best solution is to find a better solution to adjusting the hardware. I hope you've reached out to ECRM service for help (http://www.ecrm.com/support/).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
I'm using ECRM Ripmate RIP to output to a ECRM DPX2. The only way to correct skew on output from the DPX2 is using different tension springs on the ends of the rollers to drive the plate material more or less on one side or the other. That doesn't always work. Is it possible to use a Page feature with the RIP to skew the page to compensate for the output device? I have worked with page features on the RIP, but I don't have the knowledge of postscript to write something or even know if it is possible. Thanks for any help you can give. Thanks.